Austin Sedation Dentistry: The Smile Solution
- Posted on: Sep 23 2016
Patients come to us to resolve their dental problems in just a couple of visits. The most common issues that our patients come to us with include:
- Damaged, chipped or cracked teeth
- Unsightly gaps
- Missing or worn teeth
- Severely stained or dark-colored teeth
- Badly damaged or decayed teeth
- Discolored teeth
- Bite problems
- Crooked teeth – we can fix them without braces and avoid years of dental treatment!
Although the problems may vary the underlying desire is the same, a beautiful smile.
One of the biggest advantages of sedation dentistry is that it allows several dental treatments to be performed in one visit which saves you time and makes your cosmetic dentistry treatment much more convenient for your busy schedule. In one visit, we can clean up gum disease, extract teeth, place implants, do root canals, place veneers or crowns, and more. Plus, it helps those people who are terrified of the dentists (usually from a prior bad experience) finally get the help they need.
With Austin sedation dentistry you’ll feel completely relaxed, and totally comfortable throughout your visit, even if you need the most complicated of dental treatments. We offer three different levels of sedation.
- Take nitrous-oxide gas and feel completely relaxed, “numb” (and a little happy), and yet conscious during your treatment. You will know what is going on, but really won’t care.
- Take a safe, yet effective pill and feel completely relaxed before and during your dental procedure. You probably won’t remember the actual procedure and will drift in and out of sleep. Most patients who want sedation choose this option.
- Or, “IV Sedation Dentistry” if you want to be completely unconscious during your dental treatment. (This is rarely needed unless a great deal of work is going to be done at once or the patient is a true dental phobic.) This is an M.D. administered and monitored anesthesia that is done in our office. When you wake up from your procedure your work will be completed and you won’t remember anything.
Dr. Hay and I have over 40+ years of experience creating Smile Makeovers. We specialize in cosmetic dentistry, which is the process of creating the perfect, bright, natural looking, beautiful smile through the use of cosmetic dentistry treatments such as porcelain veneers, tooth crowns, dental bridges, dental implants and even reconstructive dentistry for people extensive tooth damage or decay. Just look at our Smile Gallery, and see for yourself what an amazing difference a Smile Makeover makes!
We also have over 40 years of combined experience in sedation dentistry and have successfully treated thousands of anxious and fearful patients using these safe sedation dentistry options. The Austin Sedation Dentistry solution works, just take a look at our results – beautiful smiles. Call today to schedule a Complimentary Consultation at 512.382.5888
Tagged with: Sedation Dentistry
Posted in: Austin Cosmetic Dentist's Journal